Wednesday, March 26, 2008

God is the ultimate mover

God taught me something through an Amos Lee song this morning. Its pretty amazing that one song can be so powerful to change your perspective. Music is INCREDIBLE. The lyrics say "The world is so much meaner when your heart is hard." That is something to think about. Why do I see the worst in people sometimes? I don't think I'm looking for the good. It's amazing how your perspective is different then someone who sees the same things as you see everyday. I may see the world as that filled with ignorant people and so many bad things, but to another person it may be a world of "Opportunity." The opportunity to reach out to these people who are hurting. They may see the sales associate as a lovely person who is just hurting, while I saw it as her chance to be a jerk. I think this is our problem as Christians. The world has learned how to love, but we are still stuck in our own holier than thou mindset. This movement of love is growing fast, and we will be left behind if we do not jump the train. The church is so concerned with numbers and legalism, that we forget to love. We forget to reach out to the whore who needs Jesus as much as us. Or the homosexual that in God's eyes is the same as us. The same as me who has just told a lie. Yes, as aweful as you may think that sounds, these sins are equal in the eyes of our God...If you dont think this then you might be worshipping the wrong God. I need to see the world as opportunity, not as sinful people who are "worse off then me." Love is the movement. God is the ultimate mover. "One thing for certain, the pain ain’t gonna stop." We must put an end to the pain. We must catch up with the world and their movement of love. Let's show them that there is something worth living for through our love.

1 comment:

mallorywilson725 said...

Hey Ashley,
I totally agree. I wish I could keep this in the front of my mind all of the time. It is so easy to judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their actions. Thanks for shedding light. I would love a life update when you get a chance!
-Mal